Author: Gluten Free Gigi
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
For game day (or any day!), my Skinny Guacamole is full of fiber, rich in potassium, and packed with vitamins like B, E, and K. Avocado adds plenty of heart healthy oleic acid, silky texture, and rich flavor we associate with traditional guacamole, while the green peas add volume without compromising flavor. You’ll love this skinny dip!
- 10 ounce bag frozen green peas, thawed at room temperature (not heated)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seed removed (Watch my How-To video, linked below, to learn the proper way to peel an avocado to preserve all the nutrients!)
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons milk (I prefer unsweetened coconut milk, but use any dairy-or plant-based milk of your choice.)
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground toasted cumin seeds
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In your food processor, puree peas, avocado, cilantro, milk, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and cumin until smooth. (This takes about 2 minutes.)
- Scrape down sides of processor bowl and pulse several times.
- Spoon mixture into serving dish and stir in onion and black pepper.
- Serve with fresh veggies or your favorite gluten free chips.