Tuscan Braised Beef Spaghetti
Prep Time: 1 hour, 45 min Servings: 4
- 1 lb flank steak, cubed
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 each onion, carrot and celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cups sodium-reduced beef broth
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1 pkg Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil leaves
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut steak into bite-sized pieces; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Brown steak all over. Transfer to a bowl. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add bacon (if using), onion, carrot, celery, garlic and rosemary to skillet; sauté for 6 minutes or until softened and starting to brown. Stir in the tomato paste, cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add steak, broth and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and simmer for 30 minutes or until steak is tender and sauce is reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Spaghetti according to package directions. Rinse and drain well. Stir parsley into sauce and serve over hot spaghetti with Parmesan cheese (if using).
Per serving (about 1 cup spaghetti and 3/4 cup sauce): 627 calories, 14 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 51 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 7 g sugars, 39 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin B12, iron and zinc. Good source of niacin.