Southwestern Penne Salad
Prep Time: 20 min
Servings: 8 (makes about 8 cups)
- 1 pkg Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Penne
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- 1 each large tomato and orange pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each finely grated lime zest, ground cumin and chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Cook Ronzoni Gluten Free™ Penne according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well.
- Toss penne with black beans, corn, tomato, orange pepper, green onions and coriander.
- Whisk canola oil with lime juice, honey, garlic, cumin, chili powder, lime zest, salt, and pepper until combined. Toss with the penne mixture. Stir in the avocado (if using) just before serving.
Per serving (about 1 cup): 311 calories, 11 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 4 g sugars, 6 g protein. Excellent source of vitamin C.