Author: Gluten Free Gigi
This recipe is free from: gluten, dairy/casein (option), soy, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, corn
- 1 Tablespoon Egg replacer dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
- 1/2 cup light honey or if you prefer pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy-free or dairy milk of your choice; I use unsweetened coconut milk.)
- 2 Tablespoons butter or dairy-free butter substitute, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace (or nutmeg), optional
- 2 Tablespoons of Potato Starch (or Corn Starch) with 2 Tablespoons White Rice Flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray your baking dish(es) with cooking spray. (I like using six ½-cup ramekins for this recipe, but you could make it in a small baking dish, if you prefer.)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth (it will be rather thin).
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake approximately 30-35 minutes for a single dish or 20-25 minutes for individual ramekins.
- When done, the center will appear to be set and somewhat dry on top.
- Remove from the oven to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Top with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.