Cookbook Index: Dessert – Cakes, Cookies & Pies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ready in: 2 hours, 35 minutes
These fudgy cookies are a classic holiday treat, but there’s no reason you can’t enjoy them year-round! Known as either crackle or crinkle cookies, they get their name from the distinctive cracks that form on the tops during baking. They’re crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and perfectly gluten-free.
|2 oz (57 g)
||72% dark chocolate, chopped
|¼ cup (60 mL)
||unsalted butter, cubed
|1¼ cups (310 mL)
|1 tsp (5 mL)
||pure vanilla extract
|1 cup (250 mL)
||PC® Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
|1 tsp (5 mL)
|⅛ tsp (0.5 mL)
|½ cup (125 mL)
||PC® The Decadent Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Melt dark chocolate with butter in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Let cool slightly.
2. Whisk together eggs, 1 cup (250 mL) sugar and the vanilla in large bowl; whisk in melted chocolate until combined.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl. Stir into chocolate mixture using wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place remaining ¼ cup (60 mL) sugar in shallow bowl. Roll dough by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL) into balls; roll each ball in sugar to coat. Arrange, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
5. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, just until tops are cracked and no longer shiny, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on sheets on racks 2 minutes; transfer directly to racks to cool completely.
Makes about 24 cookies.
Per cookie: 120 calories, fat 4.5 g (2.5 g of which is saturated), sodium 40 mg, carbohydrate 19 g, fibre 0 g, sugars 14 g, protein 1 g