Cookbook index: Dessert – Cakes, Cookies & Pies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Ready in: 2 hours, 25 minutes
Smooth as silk, this gluten-free dessert has it all – creamy caramel, exquisite milk chocolate, and salty crisp pretzels on top.
|⅓ cup (83 mL)
|2 tbsp (30 mL)
|1⅓ cups (333 mL)
||35% whipping cream
|4 oz (113 g)
||milk chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
|1 tsp (5 mL)
||instant espresso powder
|1 cup (250 mL)
||PC® Gluten-Free Pretzel Bites
1. Combine sugar and 4 tsp cold water in small saucepan; gently swirl to incorporate. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cover and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 45 seconds. Remove lid; continue to boil, uncovered, until deep golden, about 4 minutes. Add butter, swirling pan until melted. Pour in ⅓ cup (83 mL) cream; cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Place chocolate in heatproof bowl; pour in hot caramel. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Sprinkle in espresso powder; whisk until smooth.
3. Beat remaining 1 cup (250 mL) cream in separate bowl until soft peaks form. Fold one-third of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture until no streaks remain. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until combined.
4. Scrape into eight ½-cup (125 mL) custard cups or ramekins; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
5. Sprinkle mousse with pretzel bites, dividing evenly.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 320 calories, fat 22 g (14 g of which is saturated), sodium 230 mg, carbohydrate 28 g, fibre 2 g, sugar 16 g, protein 3 g