Cookbook index: Dessert – Cakes, Cookies & Pies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cool time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Filled with apple butter and topped with sweetened whipped cream, these little tartlets
make a perfect bite-size dessert. We made the cream cheese pastry with our gluten-free flour so the entire family can enjoy them together.
|Cream Cheese Pastry:
|Half pkg (250-g pkg)
||cream cheese, softened
|½ cup (125 mL)
||unsalted butter, softened
|1½ cups (375 mL)
||PC® Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend (approx)
|3 tbsp (45 mL)
|½ tsp (2 mL)
|1 cup (250 mL)
||35% whipping cream
|2 tbsp (30 mL)
|1 tsp (5 mL)
|2 cups (500 mL)
1. Make pastry: Beat cream cheese with butter in large bowl using electric mixer until fluffy. Whisk together flour, sugar and salt in separate bowl; stir into cream cheese mixture in 3 additions using wooden spoon until ragged dough forms. Shape into disc; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mist two 24-cup mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
3. Roll dough to ⅛-inch (3 mm) thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into 48 rounds using 2-inch (5 cm) round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press 1 round into each well of prepared pans. Bake until firm and golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool in pans on racks.
4. Meanwhile, prepare filling: Beat together cream, icing sugar and cinnamon in bowl using electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
5. Transfer tart shells directly to racks. Spoon 2 tsp apple butter into each shell. Dollop with whipped cream, dividing evenly.
Makes 48 tartlets.
Per tartlet: 80 calories, fat 4 g (2.5 g of which is saturated), sodium 30 mg, carbohydrate 11 g, fibre 0 g, sugar 7 g, protein 0.4 g