Author: Gluten-Free Gigi
Gluten Free Gigi shows you how to Pop Amaranth! Discover this Fun and Crunchy way to get fantastic nutrition from this COMPLETE PROTEIN that contains an adequate balance of all nine essential amino acids necessary for your dietary needs!
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
- Amaranth seeds (any amount you want to pop)
- A medium saucepan with a lid (the high sides and lid are important; amaranth pops similar to popcorn!)
- A bowl to transfer popped amaranth to when it has popped
- Place the saucepan over medium heat. Once your pan is hot, add amaranth seeds 1 to 2 Tablespoons at a time. Have the lid handy so your seeds don’t escape!
- Once the popping begins, remove the pan from the heat.
- Amaranth burns very quickly, so as soon as it is popped, pour it into a bowl to cool down.
- Enjoy popped amaranth on your morning oatmeal or as an addition to baked goods or even to add an extra crunch to green salads!