Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
Author: Carly Shankman
Pancakes are one of my favorite foods so I am incredibly grateful for my beautiful chef friend, Kerri, for creating this recipe. They are super easy to make and SO delicious!
- 8 Eggs (4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites)
- 1 cup canned, organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond flour (I used coconut flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 canned, organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Diced pecans, to your liking.
*TIP: The batter is better & fluffier if you really whip the eggs before adding all the other ingredients.
1. Whip 4 whole eggs & 4 egg whites together in a bowl.
2. Once the eggs are whipped, mix in the pumpkin, almond flour, baking powder, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Heat a small amount of butter or coconut oil in a skillet over low heat. Pour silver dollar-sized circles of batter into the pan. As the mixture begins to cook in the pan, throw in some diced pecans (or any nut of your liking).
4. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side.
Yumm pecan, pumpkin pancakes – it’s officially fall!