Paleo Pecan Squares
Author: Chef Lisi Parsons
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 45 mins
Total time 1 hour 5 mins
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
- 2 Cups Dates (pitted of course)
- 2 cups Pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 pinches LOVE
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves (optional)
- 2 pinches of LOVE
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375F/190C/GAS MARK 5 line a 12×8” (30×20 centimeters) baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine Ingredients for the filling in a food processor or blender and combine until all ingredients are mixed together. Pour into a bowl and place this in the refrigerator while you prepare the crust.
- Now, combine all ingredients for the crust into food processor or blender and mix until all ingredients are mixed well. It will look almost granular not like a pizza dough.
- Next, Press the crust onto the parchment lined baking pan and roll with a plastic cup (or small rolling pin) to form an even crust.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes and remove from oven and pour in the pecan filling and spread with a spatula until even.
- Line top with whole pecans and bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- Cut in slices or squares and enjoy with someone you LOVE.