Grilled Crostini with Goat Cheese and Pears over Mixed Greens
with Raspberry-Champagne Vinaigrette
Author: Jackie Ourman
Recipe type: Appetizer, Side Dish, Salad
- 1 baguette loaf sliced diagonally about 1 inch apart (I used Schar Gluten-Free)
- 1 bosc pear, peeled, pitted and cut into 8 long slices
- 1/4 c olive oil to brush onto baguettes and grill pan (or as much or little as you need)
- 1 4oz goat cheese log (I used plain)
- 1 pkg organic mixed baby romaine (or any mixed greens you like)
- 1 head belgian endive, cut into long strips
- 1 pkg grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- fresh raspberries (optional for garnish)
- 1 T Raspberry Preserves (I use Hero brand)
- 1/8 c champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 c olive oil
- pinch of turbinado sugar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat grill pan over medium heat on stovetop and heat oven to 350 degrees
- Brush olive oil on grill pan and place sliced baguettes and pears on top. Brush olive oil on the baguette sides that are facing up. Allow to get nice grill marks on each side. Take off grill pan and set pears aside.
- Spread goat cheese on baguettes and place on a baking pan in the oven until cheese is melted and a little bubbly (5-8 minutes).
- In the meantime make the dressing by whisking together raspberry preserves, champagne vinegar and lemon juice and then slowly streaming in olive oil while continuously whisking, to incorporate. Add pinch(es) of sugar and a little salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Assemble salad, toss with raspberry-champagne vinaigrette and plate.
- Remove crostini from oven, top with grilled pear and place on top of salad. Garnish with raspberries, serve and enjoy!