Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Waffles
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
This recipe is free from: gluten, dairy/casein (option), soy, peanuts, tree nuts, corn.
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces cream cheese (Use dairy-free cream cheese product, like Daiya Foods vegan cream spread OR use real cream cheese if not dairy-free.)
- ½ cup milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk; use the dairy-free or dairy milk of your choice.)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoons melted butter, dairy-free butter substitute, coconut oil or other oil of your choice (You will end up with a richer flavor by using butter or dairy-free butter substitute.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups Gigi’s Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free) or use your favorite gum-free gluten-free all purpose flour blend (If you’re a Food Solutions subscriber, use my rice-free GF flour blend, if you wish.)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? to ½ cup chocolate chips, depending on how chocolatey you like these (Use an allergen-free brand like Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips or Chunks, or your favorite chocolate chips in these.)
- Oil for waffle iron
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Topping
- Brush the waffle iron with oil and heat according to manufacturers’ directions.
- In a mixing bowl, stir cream cheese, egg, and sugar until almost smooth (you will have small bits/lumps of the cream cheese but this is fine as long as no large clumps appear).
- Pour melted butter and vanilla over egg/cream cheese mixture; whisk, then add milk and whisk/stir until mixture is combined.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt; whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto hot waffle iron until all batter is used. (I use heaping ¼ cup portions.)
- Cook waffles according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Serve hot topped with maple syrup, honey, butter (regular or dairy-free spread) and with a dollop of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Topping!
Thought you’d like to know…
For substitutions please see Ingredient Substitutions for Gluten Free Gigi’s Recipes or Substituting Gluten-Free Flours and Starches.