Gluten Free Pumpkin Cupcakes
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 cups Gigi’s Everyday Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Gum-Free) or your favorite gum-free gluten-free all-purpse flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar (coconut or brown sugar are nice in these!)
- 1 egg or 1 Tablespoon powdered egg replacer dissolved in ¼ c. warm water (or use your preferred egg-substitute to equal 1 egg)
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin (fresh or canned, but not pie filling!)
- 3 Tablespoon melted coconut oil (or other melted fat of choice, like butter or dairy-free butter substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk; use dairy or plant based milk of your choice.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 12-section cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, salt, soda, baking powder, and sugar; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add egg, pumpkin, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Stir until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among sections of paper-lined pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean and dry.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Top with your favorite frosting.
Thought you’d like to know…
For substitutions please see Ingredient Substitutions for Gluten Free Gigi’s Recipes or Substituting Gluten-Free Flours and Starches.