Gluten-free German Pancakes
By Cathy, from Mother of a Hubbard
- ¾ cup gluten free pancake mix (King Arthur Flour, preferred)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk (I use almond milk), room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Powdered sugar
- Your choice of toppings (fruit, syrup, honey, lemon juice, cooked apples)
- Optional: ¾ tsp gluten free vanilla and/or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 6-well hamburger pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the eggs. Add the dry ingredients and milk and mix just until batter is smooth. (Optional: add vanilla or cinnamon).
- Immediately add ~1/3 cup mixture to each well of the pan. Sprinkle mixture with thawed frozen berries or cooked apples, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 5-6 minutes, until edges are puffed and golden and the center is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and add toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately.