Gluten Free Flourless Fudge Cookies
Author: King Arthur Flour
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional but good
- 1 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-process (European-style) preferred*
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- *For darker, richer-looking cookies, substitute 1/4 cup black cocoa for 1/4 cup of the Dutch-process cocoa
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Or line with parchment, and grease the parchment.
2) Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth.
3) Drop the soft, batter-like dough onto the prepared baking sheets in 1 1/2″ circles; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.
4) Bake the cookies for 8 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops.
5) Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.
6) Yield: 16 large (3″) cookies.
Serving Size: 1 cookie, 28g Servings Per Batch: 16 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88 Calories from Fat: 5 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g. Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 47mg Total Carbohydrate: 19g Dietary Fiber: 1g Sugars: 16g Protein: 2g.
* The nutrition information provided for this recipe is determined by the ESHA Genesis R&D software program. Substituting any ingredients may change the posted nutrition information.