Gluten-Free Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
Recipe type: Dessert, Cake, Cupcakes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt (dairy- or plant-based; OR substitute unsweetened applesauce for dairy-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (substitute an equivalent amount of prepared egg replacer for egg-free – see Egg Alternatives)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk (substitute 1/2 T. white vinegar and enough dairy-free plant milk to equal ½ cup total liquid for dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 12-section cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Combine flours and starch, cocoa, soda, salt and sugar; whisk to blend.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until completely moistened.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan; bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost with the frosting of your choice or try my No Butter Creamy Frosting or Chocolate Super Food Frosting.
Ready for a dark and stormy All Hallows’ Evening, or a Saturday morning birthday party, these Gluten-Free Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes will dress up any way you like to suit all your chocolate-loving needs.
If you’re looking for a VEGAN recipe, check out my Gluten Free Vegan Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes for the dairy- & egg-free option.