Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
prep time: 25 min total time: 4 hr 5 min servings: 8
- 1 container Pillsbury® Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Miniature chocolate chips or candy sprinkles, if desired
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Heat oven to 350°F. Make 16 cookies as directed on container. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Cut eight 12×9-inch pieces of plastic wrap or foil. Place chocolate chips in small bowl.
- For each sandwich, spoon 1/4 cup ice cream onto bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; press together gently. Gently roll edge of sandwich in chocolate chips. Quickly wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Have it your way! Use your favorite flavor of gluten-free ice cream.
Keep a few of these yummy treats on hand for after-school snacks! Store wrapped sandwiches in a resealable freezer plastic bag.