Frosty Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
Recipe type: Beverage, Smoothie, Snack
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- ½ cup frozen pumpkin (fresh or canned puree, NOT pie filling), in chunks
- ½ cup frozen seedless grapes
- 2 slices peeled ginger root (about 1 Tablespoon chopped or grated fresh ginger)
- ½ scoop (about 1 heaping Tablespoon) unsweetened gluten-free vegan protein powder (like Growing Naturals raw vegan gluten-free yellow pea protein) OR other protein powder of your choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional grapes and 1 Tablespoon raw sunflower seed kernels, optional garnish
- Place all ingredients (except additional grapes and sunflower seed kernels) in blender in order given.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is thicker than you like, add a tablespoon or 2 more milk.
- Garnish with sunflower seed kernels and serve with additional grapes, if desired.