GF Dark Chocolate Cake w/ Bitter Sweet Ganuche
Author: Gluten Free Mama
- 2 cups Mama’s Almond or Coconut Blend Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 3/4 cup butter or dairy free butter, room temp.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk (dairy, rice, nut, soy)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4-5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 5-6 oz heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and coat bundt (or pan of choice) pan lightly with cocoa.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum and cocoa. Mix and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl add eggs one at a time until combined well. Scrape down sides of bowl again.
- With mixer running on low speed slowly pour in flour mixture and milk alternating until all combined. Mix well. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into pan. Place baking rack just below center in oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake bounces back when touched and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Once cake has cooled completely, carefully take a knife around the edges of the pan trying not to cut the cake. Once cake is gently removed from sides, flip cake out onto decorate cake plate.
- Prepare Ganache. Cut up bittersweet chocolate into small pieces. Heat slowly over low heat in double boiler until melted. Once chocolate is melted slowly add cream. Stir constantly for a few minutes until the cream is melted into the chocolate and the chocolate has a glossy shine to it.
- Spoon ganache over the top of the cake allowing it to cascade over the sides of the cake.
**Note: Coating the pan with cocoa instead of flour allows the cake to be all chocolate when the cake is flipped out onto the plate instead of with white spots from the flour.