Dairy-Free Apple Pie Smoothie
Author: Gluten Free Gigi
Recipe type: Beverage
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- ½ to 1 cup ice, depending on how frosty you like your smoothies (I use about 1 cup.)
- 1 medium apple, cubed (Peel on/off, you decide. I leave it on.)
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice
- 2 teaspoons honey (adjust to taste, or omit; you could also use maple syrup or agave nectar)
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces milk (plant-based or dairy, it’s up to you)
- Apple slice & dash of cinnamon, to dress it up (Because we’re fancy!)
- Place all ingredients in blender EXCEPT apple slice & extra dash of cinnamon (last ingredient in list).
- Blend away until it’s all smooth and frosty.
- Pour it up, fancy it up and enjoy right away!
Thought you’d like to know…
- If you want to share, you should make a double batch; it’s really not enough for two smoothie lovers, but makes a hearty portion for a hungry smoothie sipper (like me).
- I used an organic Golden Delicious apple because they were on sale. I’m all about quality food at a fair price. Use an apple variety that makes you happy.
- I use Growing Naturals Raw Vegan Pea Protein Powder in Vanilla Blast flavor. I know I talk about this stuff all the time, and I keep repeating they do not pay me to do so (although I really wish they did). It is just the best protein powder I’ve ever tried. It’s raw, vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and GMO-free. With multiple food allergies and a deep concern for your best health, you simply can’t go wrong with this product.
- I used local wildflower honey, but you could omit adding sweetener, or use pure maple syrup, agave nectar, or any other sweetener that suits your fancy.
- Ground ginger, nutmeg or a dash of mace would be lovely in this smoothie, with or without the cinnamon. Of course, you’ll adjust those to your own taste, but you may not want near as much of those as the cinnamon, as they have stronger flavors (and the ginger can be a bit pungent for some).
- I used unsweetened coconut milk. You could use any milk you love, or use water, or apple juice. Although, if you use apple juice, you may decide to omit the honey or other sweetener so your smoothie’s not too sweet.