Chocolate Banana Tofu Parfait
Author: Chef Silvia
Quick, Easy, Gluten Free, Vegan and Crazy Good Dessert
I did a cooking class for 16 people recently. They were cooking and eating 4 courses. I was fine coming up with a vegan menu – except for dessert. There would be no time to bake something during the class (nor was I any good at baking) so I did a little google surfing. This recipe is an adaptation from a number of recipes I came across. And yes it saved me that night and it was crazy good!
1 ripe banana
1 12 oz package soft tofu
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
1/4 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until it’s a rich smooth consistency.
2. Add more water (a few drops at a time) if too thick.
3. Add a dash of cinnamon if you prefer.
4. Scoop a layer of the pudding into a parfait glass.
5. Add your choice of berries followed by another layer of the pudding…and so on.
Enjoy and top with whipped cream (if you’re not vegan) and maybe a sprig of mint if you have some handy.