- 1 ½ cups Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine cheese and butter with pastry cutter or pulse in food processor until well blended.
- Add flour, salt and cayenne; cut or pulse several times until well mixed. Add water and mix until mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Turn dough out onto clean surface and knead until smooth. Form into a ball, divide in half and shape each half into an 8” long log. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 2 cookie sheets nonstick cooking spray. Slice dough logs into ¼ “ thick discs and place on prepared cookie sheets. Prick top of crackers with toothpick a few times. Bake 12-14 minutes or until just golden on edge.
Other great additions in place of or in addition to cayenne pepper are garlic or onion powder, paprika, or just about any herb chopped fine.