Bone Suckin’® Spicy Yaki Wings Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
These wings are kickin’ and a great appetizer recipe for any occasion, but go especially well with football games!
- Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, 1 cup
- Bone Suckin’ Habanero Sauce, 2 tsp. (or adjust amount to your taste)
- Bone Suckin’ Sweet Hot Mustard, 1 Tbsp.
- Chicken Wings, 2 lbs.
- GF Rice Flour, 1/2 cup
- Rice Vinegar, 2 Tbsp.
- Garlic, 3 Tbsp., minced
- Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp.
- Water, 1/2 cup, plus 1 Tbsp.
- Peanut Oil, 1 Tbsp., plus 1 to 2 cups for frying wings
- Parsley, 1/2 cup, chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scallions, 1/2 cup, sliced for garnish
- In small saucepan, sauté garlic, until it is golden brown, in 1 tablespoon of peanut oil. Add Bone Suckin’ Yaki Sauce, Bone Suckin’ Sweet Hot Mustard and Bone Suckin’ Habanero Sauce, Rice Vinegar and stir. In a small bowl, combine corn starch and 1 tablespoon of water, mix thoroughly, and add to sauce. Cook sauce at a simmer and stir. The sauce will thicken.
- Put chicken wings, GF rice flour, sea salt and pepper in resealable bag and shake, coating wings thoroughly. In a high sided skillet, add enough peanut oil to fill the skillet about 3/4 of an inch deep. Heat the oil to 325° and fry wings in batches until they are golden brown on each side. Remove wings and let drain on paper towels. To keep warm, set wings in oven at 200° until all wings have been fried.
- In simmering sauce, add parsley and stir. In a large bowl, place wings and pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the sauce over wings, turning with tongs to coat wings well. Place wings on platter and sprinkle with sliced scallions. Pour remaining sauce in a bowl for dipping. Recipe serves 6.