Black Forest Smoothie
Author: Gluten-Free Gigi
Recipe type: Beverage, Smoothie, Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen cherries, pits removed
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- ½ Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- *Check out “Thought you’d like to know…” below the recipe for details on ingredients, tips and hints.
- Place all ingredients in blender in order given.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy right away!
Thought you’d like to know…
- I use unsweetened coconut milk, but you can use any milk (dairy- or plant-based) that you like.
- Cherries have superb anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties!
- I use Growing Naturals Raw Vegan Protein Powder – in this recipe, I use the chocolate flavor. It’s delish and not gritty or grainy, plus, it’s not only dairy-free, but also certified gluten-free and soy-free!
- You could top your smoothie with a small piece of dark chocolate or a few Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. Yes, indeed, I think that would be a great idea! 😉