Gluten Free Banana Chip Cookies
by Gluten-Free Gigi
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend*
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer powder* (not mixed with water)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons oil*
- 3 Tablespoons water*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed dried banana chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Look for allergen-free chocolate chips in the “special diets” section of your supermarket.)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, egg replacer powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl; whisk to combine.
- Add oil, water and vanilla; stir until mixture comes together into a thick dough.
- Add banana chips and chocolate chips; stir to distribute throughout dough.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto prepared pan two inches apart; do not flatten.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown and centers are set.
- Remove from oven and cool on pan 10 minutes before transferring to serving tray.
*Gluten Free Gigi Tips: Use your favorite all-purpose gluten free flour blend for this recipe. You can find suggestions for making your own flour blends in the Breads area of the Recipe Index on this website. I use Ener-G brand egg replacer powder. Use your preferred oil in liquid form. Using dairy or plant-based milk will change the texture of this cookie. You may also want to add other ingredients like chopped nuts, toasted coconut, other dried fruit or sunflower seeds to create your favorite taste combination. To make sure the cookies bake up properly, keep the amount of extras to 1 cup total. Makes 1 dozen cookies.