Baked Ziti with Quinoa Noodles
Author: Carly Shankman
* 1 lb. organic ground beef
* 5-6 cloves garlic (chopped)
* 1 red onion
* 4 cups spinach
* 2 cups organic marinara sauce (choose any flavor/kind of your liking – I always go for the garlic ones)
* 1 box quinoa noodles (not sure quinoa ziti even exists but you can click the link to see which kind of pasta I used)
* 1 cup baby tomatoes
* Organic, full-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (I also used some raw gouda I had from the farmer’s market)
* Olive oil (to coat the pan before baking)
* Sea salt to taste
1. While the pasta cooks on the stove top (cook according to the box directions), brown the ground beef with the chopped onion, garlic, and chopped spinach.
2. Once the meat is cooked through, add the marinara to the mixture.
3. Drain the cooked pasta and mix it with the meat, sauce, and veggie mixture on the stove top. Pour into a large pan for cooking.
4. Top with 2 cups organic, full-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
5. Top with baby tomatoes (cut in 1/2) and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Keep an eye on it to ensure the cheese doesn’t begin to burn.