Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
Author: My Kitchen Shrink – adapted from Vitamix recipe
Awakening Apple Cinnamon Dutch Baby
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 3 large apples, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup (180 ml) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup (60 g) gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) choice of milk
- 1 Tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
3. Transfer to prepared pie plate.
4. To make batter, place remaining ingredients into a Vitamix container or mixer Blend for 30 seconds.
5. Pour over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with powdered sugar and cinnamon sticks.