Author: Namaste Foods
* 2 ½ cups Namaste Biscuits, Piecrust & More
* 4 tablespoons of sugar
* 4 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
* 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, almonds or other favorite nuts
* 1 egg
* 1 can (8oz) pineapple tidbits, well drained
* 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter, using pastry blender, until crumbly. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pat dough into 10 x 7 rectangle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in biscuit mix). Cut into 12 rectangles, but do not separate. Sprinkle with additional sugar, coconut and nuts if desired.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate scones. Serve warm.
Try using toasted coconut and nuts for an even richer flavor! Also try using drained mandarin orange segments in place of pineapple for a change.